The Whole Plate: Affordable, Healthy and Sustainable Food? - Labour Party Conference 2022
16:30 - 17:45
Please join us at Labour Party Conference for The Whole Plate: Affordable, Healthy and Sustainable Food?
We are running this event in partnership with Nesta, and it is hosted by think tank Bright Blue.
The event will be held at in Meeting Room 7, Jury's Inn, Liverpool (outside of the secure zone - no conference pass required) on the 26th September from 16.30-17.45.
Key topics which will be discussed include:
- The strengths and weaknesses of the Government’s latest food strategy
- What the government and the sector can do to ensure access to food in a cost-of-living crisis
- How we can ensure food manufacturers take responsibility for the health effects of their products
- Ian Byrne MP
- Professor Emma Boyland, Chair of Food Marketing and Child Health at the University of Liverpool
- Chris Smyth, Whitehall Editor, The Times
- Anna Taylor, Executive Director, The Food Foundation
- Hugo Harper, Mission Director: A Healthy Life, Nesta
The session will be chaired by Ryan Shorthouse, Director of Bright Blue.