The whole plate: affordable, healthy and sustainable food - Conservative Party Conference 2022
12:30 - 13:45
Join us at Conservative Party Conference for The whole plate: affordable, healthy and sustainable food.
We are holding this event in partnership with Nesta, and it is hosted by think tank Bright Blue.
The event will be held at in Birmingham (room TBC) on the 3rd October from 12:30-13:45.
This panel discussion will look at improving the health of our food and what can the government and what the sector do to ensure access to food in a cost-of-living crisis. We will explore where in the food system responsibility lies to ensure everyone can access affordable, healthy and sustainable food. We need a food system which prioritises health and wellbeing and enables everyone to access healthy and affordable options and which is supported by government action to ensure everyone can benefit from a healthy food environment.
Key topics which will be discussed include:
- Is it right and worthwhile for the state to intervene in peoples' diets?
- What more can be done by both the state and the market to ensure low-income families have access to both affordable and nutritious policies?
- How can we ensure food manufacturers take responsibility for the health effects of their products?
- Jo Gideon MP
- Judith Batchelar
- Chris Smyth, Whitehall Editor, The Times
- Anna Taylor, The Food Foundation
- Ravi Gurumurthy, Nesta
The event will be chaired by Ryan Shorthouse, Chief Executive, Bright Blue.